The cheesy almost veggie BBQ snack that could convert almost anyone into a an eggplant believer. Eggplant, found in your local supermarket, is one of the best veggies for a fantastic BBQ. Its versatility is truly amazing. With a touch of cheese, smoke, and sauce, it transforms into the perfect side dish or party snack.
Let me show you what this recipe is all about.
You can find the full instructional video at the end of this page.
Thanks to Masterbuilt for sponsoring this recipe Visit their website to learn more.
- Take 3 eggplants and slice of the stem.
- Take a cheese slicer and slice of thin slices in the length of the eggplant.
- Put 500 grams or 1.1 lbs minced beef in a bowl along with 500 grams or 1.1 lbs of minced lamb.
- Add 4 tbsp of Ras El Hanout to the bowl.
- Chop fine 10 grams or 0.35 oz of fresh cilantro and 10 grams or 0.35 oz of fresh parsley and add it to the bowl.
- Grate fine a yellow onion above the bowl.
- Kneed everything together by hand into a smooth puree.
- Slice a block of young Gouda cheese into thin pinky sized sticks.
- Lay down a slice of eggplant and spread out some minced meat on top by knife like a sandwich.
- Add a cheese stick and roll it up. Repeat this process until you have your desired amount of eggplant cheese rolls.
- Make 320 ml or 1⅓ cup of Honey Garlic Chili Sauce.
- Fire up your smoker and set it for a temperature of 160°C or 320°F.
- Make the grill grate non stick with a piece of towel and 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Let the cheese melt with a closed lit and brush on the sauce once that cheese is about to pour out.
- Let it smoke for another 5 minutes or so and take them off the grill.