The latest sensation in BBQ cooking - Landmines! These treats are fluffy, savory, spicy, cheesy, and an absolute blast to make. This easy recipe is suitable for both your BBQ and oven, and it's perfect for the whole family to enjoy.
Let me show you what this recipe is all about.
You can find the full instructional video at the end of this page.
- Fire up your BBQ and set it for indirect heat at a temperature of 160°C or 320°F.
- Let 125 grams or 4.4 oz of bacon strips smoke until the fat renders down and it becomes crispy.
- In the mean time it's the perfect time to prepare 300 ml or 1⅓ cup of Ranch Sauce according to it's recipe.
- Once the bacon turned crispy it's time to chop it fine and save it for later.
- Cook 500 grams or 1.1 lbs of macaroni and put it in a large bowl.
- Add all of the ranch sauce to the bowl.
- Add 4 tbsp of ricotta cheese to the bowl.
- Add 200 grams or 7 oz of shredded old cheese.
- Add 1 tsp of mustard, 2 tbsp of chili flakes and 1 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- Add 2 tbsp of BBQ Rub.
- Add 100 grams or 3.5 oz of breadcrumbs to the bowl.
- Mix everything together and perform a taste test.
- Fill up your muffin baking tray right to the edge with the mac 'n cheese mixture.
- Make sure your BBQ is running at a temperature of 180°C or 360°F and slide in your landmines.
- Make 850 ml or 3 cups of Coca Cola BBQ Sauce according to it's recipe.
- After around 40 minutes your landmines are don and it's time to let them rest for 15 minutes.
- Carefully rotate the tray around so they drop out.
- Put the landmines back on the indirect side of the grill that is still running on the same baking temperature.
- Drizzle on the BBQ sauce and give it around 5 minutes with a closed lit to become super sticky and caramelize on the landmines.
- Sprinkle on some crispy bacon on top before serving.