Perfect for parties, gatherings, or a delightful appetizer any day of the week. Get ready to savor the perfect blend of crispy, salty bacon and tender, flaky salmon, all in one bite. Let's dive into this irresistible culinary creation with a touch of Japanse cuisine on the BBQ
Let me show you what this recipe is all about.
You can find the full instructional video at the end of this page.
- Take half a side of fresh salmon and carefully slice off the skin.
- Cube up the salmon in bite sizes.
- Make 90 grams or 3.3 oz of the Furikake BBQ Rub.
- Lightly Season every induvidual bite on all sides.
- Take 200 grams or 7 oz of bacon strips and wrap it around all salmon bites.
- Fire up your grill and set the temperature to 100°C or 210°F indirect smoking.
- Let the salmon bites smoke for around 30 minutes until the bacon is fully smoked and cooked.
- Make 500 ml or 2 cups of Teriyaki BBQ Sauce.
- Brush on the teriyaki sauce and let the sauce stick to the bacon.
- Sprinkle on some extra furikake and take it off the grill to plate it up directly!
- If you don't feel comfortable slicing the salmon skin, you can ask your fishmonger to do it for you.