Furikake BBQ Rub
This recipe is a harmonious fusion of smoky BBQ essence and the umami richness of classic Japanese furikake seasoning. This exceptional blend promises to take your grilling experience to unprecedented heights. Whether you're a seasoned pitmaster or a culinary adventurer seeking new horizons, the Furikake BBQ Rub is the key to crafting remarkable flavors for Smoked and grilled fish or any other recipe you want to give that japanese signature.
Let me show you what this recipe is all about.
You can find the full instructional video at the end of this page.
2 nori seaweed leaves
2 tbsp bonito flakes
1 tbsp chili flakes
1 tbsp white sesame seeds
1 tbsp black sesame seeds
½ ½ tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp onion powder
1 tbsp table salt
- Put 2 nori leaves in a blender and grind them up. This will give you around 2 tbsp worth of nori seaweed leaves.
- Add the same amount of Bonito flakes to your blender and grind that up as well.
- Add 1 tbsp of chili flakes, 1 tbsp of white sesame seeds, 1 tbsp of black sesame seeds, ½ tbsp garlic powder, 1 tbsp of onion powder and 1 tbsp of table salt.
- Mic it up and store it until usage.
- Works really well with fish.