Dive in the original BBQ flavor profile of Carolina BBQ. Slow smoking infuses the meat with rich flavors, resulting in juicy and succulent pork. Experience the perfect blend of sweet, tangy, and savory tastes with a touch of the Carolina Signature sauce and smoke profile.
Let me show you what this recipe is all about.
You can find the full instructional video at the end of this page.
- Take your knife and slice 1 kg or 2.2 lbs of pork shoulder in half trough it's length.
- Make of the 500 ml or 2 cups of Rodney Scott Sauce according to it's recipe.
- Take a mop and cover the 2 pork steaks on each side with the Rodney Scott Sauce.
- Make 60 grams or 2 oz of PitmasterX's BBQ Beef Rub according to it's recipe.
- Sprinkle on 2 tbsp of BBQ Beef Rub on each steak.
- Fire up the BBQ and set it for indirect heat at a temperature of 120°C or 250°F.
- Place the pork steaks on the grill grate and stick in a thermometer to keep track of the cook.
- Start mopping the pork steaks regularly over the course of the cook until they reach a core temperature of 96°C or 205°F.
- Place them on a sheet of butchers paper and pour the remaining sauce on top before wrapping them.
- Let them rest for 40 minutes before unpacking them and sink your teeth in them!