I'm sharing with you my version of the famous WAFFLE HOUSE hashbrown on my flat top griddle. It's the most packed BBQ Breakfast in the world!If you're a fan of hashbrowns, then you need to check out this recipe! I've taken the classic WAFFLE HOUSE hashbrown and made it on my flat top griddle, giving it a unique and ridiculous twist. I promise you, you won't be disappointed!
- 2 bowls
- 2 flat spatula's
- 8 raw potatoes
- 3 white onions chopped
- 2 bell peppers chopped
- 6 eggs
- 50 grams butter
- 200 grams bacon strips
- 200 grams ham cubes
- PitmasterX’s Classic BBQ rub
- 200 grams young gouda cheese
- Shred the potatoes into thin strips. You don't need to peel them first.
- Put the potato strips into a bowl with a towel inside of it.
- Squeeze all the moisture out of the towel as much as you can by rotating it tightly.
- Add 6 eggs to a bowl and beat them up.
- Slice the onions and the bell peppers into strips.
- Turn on your Flat top griddle and create a large area for a high temperature and a smaller area with a lower temperature.
- Make the griddle non stick with some butter.
- Render out the bacon strips and use your 2 spatula's to seperate the bacon from the fat and put the bacon aside on the cooler area.
- Do the same for some ham cubes. but give them a little bit less time. You only need color on this one.
- Let the onions and bell peppers turn soft in that fat from the bacon and move it to the side as well.
- Make a large area non stick with butter again and fill it up with a solid layer of potatoe strips as large as you can.
- Season with my homemade BBQ rub.
- Add the beaten eggs on top of the potatoes.
- Let it slowly develope into a crust and put 6 large slices of cheese on top of the hash brown.
- Top it off with the onions and bell peppers and then the bacon and ham cubes on top.
- Check the bottom of the hashbrown if you have enough crust.
- Grab 2 spatula's again and flip the hashbrown on oneside towards the other hand. Fold it 3 times to roll it up.
- Carefully place the whole thing on to a plate and enjoy your own extreme wafflehouse hashbrown.
Calories: 667kcalCarbohydrates: 59gProtein: 31gFat: 35gSaturated Fat: 16gPolyunsaturated Fat: 4gMonounsaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0.3gCholesterol: 259mgSodium: 1065mgPotassium: 1529mgFiber: 8gSugar: 8gVitamin A: 1895IUVitamin C: 111mgCalcium: 311mgIron: 4mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!