The Texans like BBQ,we all know that. But what does good Texas BBQ Ribs mean exactly? For them it’s sacred and for us? For us it’s just another ribs recipe but it’s one that defines the essence of Pork Ribs so well that you’ve got to have this in your BBQ recipe book for sure.With Texas BBQ Ribs simplicity is key and the flavors are sacred. Learn how to smoke ribs like a true Texan.
- 1500 grams St. Louis Style ribs
- Texas Rib Dip Sauce
- 2 tbsp sea salt
- ½ tbsp ground black pepper
- ½ tbsp onion powder
- ¼ tbsp garlic powder
- ¼ tbsp chili powder
- Make small incisions in both directions into the membrane. This way it catches the smoke but remains crunchy.
- Grab a small jar or in my case an old Nutella jar with holes in the cap.
- Mix all the seasoning ingredients togehter and apply a light seasoning coat on every side of the ribs.
- Fire up your grill with charcoal and once it's lit add a maximum of 2 small chunks of pecan smoke wood.
- Add the heat deflectors and the grill grate and set the ribs with the bons towards the heatsource on the grill grate.
- Let it smoke at a temperature of 120°C/248°F. With the kamado i'm setting this temperature by closing the top vent to the second stripe and the bottom vent to 1 finger open.
- Because my BBQ is cold it took this setup to get to this temperature. Once i'm locked after 30 minutes i'm closing the bottom vent to half a finger wide.
- After 3 hours i'm seeing enough mahagony color and i'm wrapping my ribs in aluminium foil.
- Let them smoke for around 30/60 more minutes untill they are done.
- In the meantime you can make my amazing Taxas Rib Dip Recipe.
- Once you see that darker red brown mahagony colour on your ribs and the bones ar popping out it's time to let them rest for a bit and slice them up! Eetsmakelijk.
Calories: 1470kcalCarbohydrates: 4gProtein: 82gFat: 123gSaturated Fat: 40gPolyunsaturated Fat: 21gMonounsaturated Fat: 45gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 420mgSodium: 7521mgPotassium: 1342mgFiber: 1gSugar: 0.2gVitamin A: 309IUVitamin C: 0.4mgCalcium: 101mgIron: 5mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Kamado Joe for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.