Get ready to savor the irresistible flavors of homemade Cevapcici that will transport you to the heart of the Balkans. In this recipe, we'll guide you through the process of creating these delightful sausages from scratch.
Let me show you what this recipe is all about.
You can find the full instructional video at the end of this page.
500 grams / 1.1 lbs ground pork
500 grams / 1.1 lbs minced beef or lamb
1 white onion
2 cloves of garlic
5 tbsp breadcrumbs
2 tbsp paprika powder
2 tbsp table salt
- 100 ml / 0.4 cup Ajvar Sauce
300 grams / 10 oz Flatbread
- Combine the 2 types of minced meat together by hand.
- Chop fine 2 cloves of garlic and 1 white onion.
- Put it on top of the meat and break 1 egg above it.
- Season with 5 tbsp of breadcrumbs, 2 tbsp paprika powder and 2 tbsp table salt.
- Mix it up by hand or with a meat grinder to get a smooth paste like consistency.
- Cut a big plastic bottle in half and put the meat out the bottleneck side.
- Push the minced meat trough the hole on a sheet of baking paper to get a thin and long sausage.
- Repeat this process until all the meat has been shaped in sausages on the baking paper and cut it in smaller sausages.
- Fire up the BBQ and set it for a low direct heat.
- Meanwhile, make the Ajvar Sauce according to it's recipe.
- Start grilling the sausages on the BBQ and let the fat slowly render out while building up crust on all sides.
- close the lid and let them cook for about 10 to 15 minutes while turning every 3 minutes.
- Let the Cevapcici cool down for 5 minutes and serve in a folded flatbread along with some of that Ajvar Sauce.