Discover the rich and vibrant flavors of Ajvar Sauce with this delightful recipe. Prepare to be enchanted by the robust and savory notes of this Balkan delight. Let's dive into the recipe and unlock the secrets of this mouthwatering Ajvar Sauce.
Let me show you what this recipe is all about.
You can find the full instructional video at the end of this page.
4 bell peppers
1 white onion
1 chili pepper ( optional )
1 clove of garlic
80 ml / ⅓ cup olive oil
½ tbsp white wine vinegar
½ tbsp table salt
- Fire up your BBQ and set it for a medium direct heat.
- Roast 4 bell peppers, 1 onion, 1 egg plant and an optional chili pepper on the grill grate.
- Grill the vegetables until charred and let them cool down in a plastic ziplock bag
- Peel the vegetables and remove the seeds.
- Put them in a blender along with 1 clove of garlic, 80ml or ⅓ cup olive oil, ½ tbsp white wine vinegar and ½ tbsp table salt.
- Grind it down into a smooth, orange colored puree.
- Store it in a container and set it in the fridge until usage.