Here is a version of the famous Waffle house hash brown on a flat top griddle. This BBQ Breakfast creation is known for its incredible flavor and abundance! If you're fond of hash browns, this recipe is a must-try. The classic dish has been given a distinctive and extraordinary touch by preparing it on a flat top griddle. Rest assured, it is an experience that will leave you thoroughly satisfied!
Let me show you what this recipe is all about.
You can find the full instructional video at the end of this page.
8 hard boiling patatoes
3 white onions
2 bell peppers
50 grams / 1.7 oz butter
200 grams / 7 oz bacon strips
200 grams / 7 oz ham cubes
- 4 tbsp PitmasterX’s Classic BBQ rub
200 grams / 7 oz young Gouda cheese
- Shred the potatoes into strips using a food processor, without the need to peel them beforehand.
- Place the potato strips in a bowl containing a towel.
- Remove as much moisture as possible from the potatoes. Fold the ends of the towel inward and twist vigorously.
- Slice the onions and bell peppers into thin strips.
- In a separate bowl, beat 6 eggs.
- Switch on the flat top griddle and create a large high-temperature area, along with a smaller area at a lower temperature.
- Apply a layer of butter to make the griddle non-stick.
- Fry the bacon strips until they render out the fat. Separate the fat from the bacon. Use two spatulas for this. Set the bacon aside on the cooler section.
- Utilize the residual fat to fry the remaining ingredients.
- Commence with the ham cubes, allowing them to acquire some color. Place them alongside the bacon on the cooler section.
- Proceed with cooking the onions and peppers until they become soft. Transfer them to the cooler portion of the griddle as well.
- Apply butter to make a large area on the griddle non-stick again, and spread a generous layer of potato strips across it.
- Season the potatoes with a homemade BBQ rub.
- Pour the beaten eggs over the potatoes.
- Let the mixture slowly develop into a crust. Place cheese slices on top of the hash brown.
- Add the onions, bell peppers, bacon, and ham cubes on top.
- Check the bottom of the hash brown for sufficient crust formation. Carefully flip the hash brown from one side to the other, folding it three times to roll it up.
- Gently transfer the entire creation onto a plate and savor your extraordinary homemade Waffle house hash brown.