These are the irresistible flavors of smoked ribs prepared in a gyros style on the BBQ. By carving a diamond shape pattern into the membrane, we ensure that the smoky goodness permeates the meat while maintaining its delectable texture. Combined with a homemade gyros rub and served in warm pita bread with tzatziki sauce and lettuce, these ribs will transport your taste buds to gyro heaven.
- With a chef's knife, carve a diamond shape pattern into the membrane of the baby back ribs to help the smoke penetrate the meat while keeping texture.
- Make the gyros rub according to it's recipe and season the ribs heavily with around 6 tbsp of rub.
- Fire up your BBQ and create indirect heat at a temperature of 120°C or 250°F.
- Add a chunk of apple smoke wood to the heat source and put the ribs on the grill grate.
- Let the ribs smoke until you hit a temperature of around 75°C or 165°F. This is around the time that the smoke stops penetrating the meat.
- Until you hit that marker you have enough time to make tzatziki sauce according to it's recipe.
- Wrap the ribs in aluminium foil and let them continue to cook until 92°C or 200°F.
- Let the ribs rest for around 30/30 minutes and bake some pre-baked pita bread
- Try to pull out the bone and stuff a pita bread with some of that tzatziki, some lettuce and of course that boneless rib.