Whether as a mouthwatering appetizer, a perfect topping for sandwiches, or an unforgettable addition to your breakfast, this smoky maple bourbon bacon delight is sure to leave a lasting impression.
Let me show you what this recipe is all about.
You can find the full instructional video at the end of this page.
300 grams / 10 oz bacon strips
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp whiskey
- 2 tbsp PitmasterX's Classic BBQ Rub
- Fire up your grill and set it to a low setting.
- Place 2 filled racks of 300 grams or 10 oz of bacon in the center over the heat source and let it become crispy. Make sure to flip them at least once.
- Once they are crispy, brush them with 1 tbsp of maple syrup to get them extra crispy and sweet.
- Flambé the bacon with 1 tbsp of bourbon or whiskey.
- Sprinkle on 2 tbsp of PitmasterX's Classic BBQ Rub
- Turn down the heat as much as possible and create a source of smoke by adding cherry wood chips. Let them create smoke in your closed grill.
- Let the bacon strips cool down and it's time to serve!