Get ready to experience the ultimate indulgence with our Braided Steak Sandwich recipe. Packed with succulent inside skirt steak, crispy bacon, fresh ruccola, and a burst of flavors from the spice mix and garlic sauce, this sandwich is a true delight for your taste buds.
Let me show you what this recipe is all about.
You can find the full instructional video at the end of this page.
600 grams / 1.3 lbs inside skirt steak
300 grams / 0.6 lbs bacon strips
200 grams / 7 oz fresh ruccola
- Create the Garlic Sauce according to it's recipe. Do this 24 hours ahead of time for the best results.
- Fire up your grill and create a hot zone and a cool zone.
- Pick a sharp boning knife and cut of the ends of the steak to get a perfect rectangle shape.
- Cut the steak in to 3 strips leaving them connected at the top.
- Create the Texas Beef Rub according to the recipe.
- Season your steak with 4 tbsp of Texas Beef Rub.
- Wrap 300 grams or 0.6 lbs of bacon strips around the steak strips and braid the strips together.
- Once your grill is hot, season your grilling surface with a plant based oil.
- Heat up a cast iron skillet.
- Take a blender and grind up 10 cloves of garlic together with 10 grams or 0.3 oz of fresh parsley and 1 tbsp of olive oil to get a spice mix.
- Slowly fry the spice mix in the hot skillet.
- Put the braided steak on the hot griddle plate and let the bacon sear. Take it nice and slow on the cooler side to get the perfect sear and cook until 54°C or 130°F at the same time.
- Brush on the warm spice mix while cooking that steak to create extra crust and flavor.
- Remove the steak to another hot area of the grill and put a baguette sliced in half on top of the juices that are left on that cooking spot. Brush some of that leftover spice mix on the baguette as well.
- cut the steak to match the size of the baguette and cover the bread with 200 grams or 7 oz of rucola.
- Pour 5 tbsp of Garlic Sauce on the steak sandwich and put the cap on top.