Are you a bacon lover who is tired of buying pre-packaged bacon that is loaded with preservatives and additives? Have you ever considered making your own bacon at home, but thought it would be too time-consuming? Well, think again! With this easy and quick recipe, you can make your own delicious bacon in just 60 minutes.
Let me show you what this recipe is all about.
You can find the full instructional video at the end of this page.
1,5 kg / 3.3 lbs pork belly
4 tbsp fine table salt
- Take a sharp boning knife and use it to slice off the pork skin.
- Fire up your smoker. I'm using hardwood lumb charcoal because i'm using a gravity fed charcoal smoker.
- I'm adding 2 additional chunks of beech smoke wood and I'm adding that to the ash tray. In this BBQ the hot ash will fall down inflaming the extra smoke wood.
- Set the temperature for 120°C or 250°F.
- Put your pork belly skinside down in the center immediately after you turned the smoker on.
- Stick in a wireless Meater to keep track on the temperature.
- Smoke until you hit a core temperature of 70°C or 160°F.
- Slice the pork belly into thin slices.
- Season with 4 tbsp of regular table salt and mix it in with the salt.
- Heat up a pan and start rendering down your bacon strips and turn it into beautiful dark brown bacon.