The spiciest chicken wings you'll ever taste! Give this exciting and flavorful chicken wing recipe a go on your BBQ today. It's the perfect BBQ dish for big gatherings and those who adore fiery hot wings.
Let me show you what this recipe is all about.
You can find the full instructional video at the end of this page.
- Make 70 grams of the PitmasterX's BBQ Chicken Rub according to it's recipe.
- Pour 500 ml or 2 cups of water to a bowl and add 3 tbsp of the Chicken rub and mix it into a brine.
- Add 2 kg or 4.4 lbs of chicken wings to the brine and mix it up.
- Make sure the chicken is submerged and store it in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Let the chicken wings air dry on a cooling rack for another 2 hours in the fridge.
- Sprinkle on 4 tbsp of chicken rub on the outside of the wings on both sides.
- Fire up your grill and set it for an indirect temperature of 140°C or 285°F.
- Let the hotwings roast for around 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, create a batch of 250 ml or 1 cup of Carolina Chili Oil according to it's recipe.
- Once the hot wings reach a core temperature of 74°C or 165°F it's time to create direct heat on your BBQ and spread out the wings on the grill grate to create a final sear to make them crispy.
- Put the hot wings in a bowl and add the chili oil.
- Toss them around and serve it up in the bowl.
- Determine for yourself how much chili oil you want and how much heat you and your quests can handle.