Experience the world of BBQ trough the eyes of the Argentinian Gauchos. This Beef rib recipe is a grilled variant of the beloved northern american smoked beefribs that has been a BBQ standard trough western society. But the way the gauchos embrance the fire and the art of grilling trough combing it with smoke is a true experience.
Let me show you what this recipe is all about.
You can find the full instructional video at the end of this page.
1.5 kg / 3.3 lbs beef ribs
2 tbsp finishing salt
250 ml / 1 cup bottle of water
- 140 ml / 0.6 cup Chimmichurri
- Season your beef ribs with 2 tbsp of finishing salt on all sides.
- Stick a thermometer in the center of the beef ribs to keep track of the temperature during the cook.
- Fire up your BBQ and set it for direct heat with a medium small amount of charcoal.
- Drain the water of a water battle until you are left with 250 ml or 1 cup still inside the bottle.
- Add 2 tbsp of PitmasterX's BBQ Beef Rub to the bottle and shake it until completely mixed.
- Puncture a hole in the bottlecap with a knife so you can use it as a spraybottle just as the Gauchos use.
- Make 140 ml or 0.5 cup of Chimmichurri.
- Put your grill grates in the BBQ on the highest level possible and test the temperature by moving your hand over the grillgrate. If you are able to keep your hand for longer than 5 seconds above the grill you are in the right spot.
- Slowly grill the beef ribs on the grill grates with the lit open. Tune down any airflow by using the top and bottom vent.
- After 3 hours of slowly smoking and rotating the ribs from time to time and regulating the temperature your beef ribs have a dark red smoke colour.
- Use the bottle to sprinkle on a couple of tbsp of moisture on the bark so the bark doesn't dry out.
- Check your charcoal and add some small chunks of charcoal to keep the fire going.
- After around 7 hours of slowly smoking the beefribs hit a core temperature of aorund 92°C or 200°F while using the bottle 1 or 2 more times to keep the bark moist.
- Take off the ribs and let them rest for at least 20 minutes.
- Slice in your beef ribs and serve with chimichurri on top.