A Classic that can't be untouched if you are into BBQ. This unique recipe is a delightful fusion of sweet and savory, promising a memorable barbecue experience that will leave your guests craving for more. Fire up your grill, grab your apron, and let's dive into the delicious world of Coca-Cola BBQ Ribs!
Let me show you what this recipe is all about.
You can find the full instructional video at the end of this page.
- Take off the membrane of the ribs by using a knife and/ or a paper towel.
- Create 50 grams or 1.8 oz of PitmasterX's Classic BBQ Rub.
- Season your ribs on all sides.
- Fire up the BBQ and set it for indirect smoking at a temperature of 110°C or 230°F.
- Let the ribs smoke for around 2.5 hours while spraying the ribs regularly when you see the outside drying up.
- Roll out a sheet of aluminium foil and place 2 cubes of butter and 4 tbsp of sugar.
- Place the ribs meat side down on top of the sugar and butter and wrap them up.
- Place them back on the BBQ and let them continue to smoke until they reach a core temperature of 92°C or 200°F.
- Meanwhile, make 800 ml or 2.7 cups of Coca Cola BBQ Sauce.
- Unwrap the ribs and brush on that BBQ sauce on both sides.
- Put them back on the BBQ without the wrapping and let them sit there for another 5 minutes.
- Take them off and let the ribs rest for 15 minutes before you dig in.