These succulent meatballs take on a whole new level of flavor as they absorb the enticing smokiness of the grill. Glazed with an amazing honey-infused BBQ sauce, each bite bursts with a perfect balance of sweetness and smokiness. Whether you're hosting a BBQ gathering or simply looking to indulge in irresistible flavors, these smoked meatballs are the ultimate crowd-pleaser.
Let me show you what this recipe is all about.
You can find the full instructional video at the end of this page.
- Fire up your BBQ and set it for 180°C or 355°F roasting temperature.
- Take 4 slices of white bread and tear up the bread in a bowl while removing the crust.
- Chop fine 2 cloves of garlic .
- Press them with the tip of your knife and add them to the breadcrumbs.
- Chop fine 10 grams of fresh parsley and add that to the bowl as well.
- Drizzle on 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- Add ½ tbsp of table salt and mix it up.
- Spread out the breadcrumbs on a aluminium tray and put it on the BBQ until it turned golden brown.
- Grind down the bread crumbs in a blender.
- Add 1 kg or 2.2 lbs of 50/50 minced meat pork and beef to a bowl.
- Add the breadcrumbs and 2 whole eggs.
- Chop fine 5 grams of fresh chives and add them as well.
- Add 2 tbsp of PitmasterX's Classic BBQ Rub.
- Mix it up by hand until you have a smooth paste like consistency.
- Shape the meat into golf ball size balls and put them on a sheet of baking paper.
- Put the meatballs on the BBQ and let them roast at a temperature of 180°C or 355°F while regularly rotating them.
- Create 375 ml or 1½ cups of Honey Garlic BBQ Sauce
- After 30 minutes the balls are done and it's time to transfer them to a big bowl.
- Pour the sauce on top of the meatballs and toss them before serving them.