Get ready to savor the flavors of the Carolina BBQ Ribs, a classic recipe inspired by the legendary Carolina-style ribs. This mouthwatering dish pays homage to the BBQ hero Rodney Scott and the rich whole hog techniques of North Carolina.
Let me show you what this recipe is all about.
You can find the full instructional video at the end of this page.
1.2 kg / 2.6 lbs pork ribs
- 80 grams / 2.8 oz PitmasterX's Classic BBQ Rub
500 ml / 2 cups Carolina Gold Sauce
- Fire up your BBQ and set it for an indirect smoking temperature of 160°C or 320°F.
- Create 80 grams or 2.8 oz of PitmasterX's Classic BBQ Rub according to it's recipe.
- Leave the membrane on your pork ribs as a heat shield.
- Dry season your ribs with the PitmasterX's Classic BBQ Rub on all sides.
- Let the ribs smoke on the de BBQ with a closed lit.
- Create 500 ml or 2 cups of Carolina Gold Sauce according to it's recipe.
- Towards the end at the cook at around 85°C or 175°F, start brushing on the Carolina Gold Sauce on the ribs to prevent drying out and create more flavor.
- Repeat the brushing proces when the bark has soaked up the last layer of sauce until your ribs have been cooked.
- Take off the ribs at a core temperature of 94°C or 200°F.
- Let the ribs rest for 10 minutes and slice in to them!