Get ready to elevate your chicken wing game with PitmasterX's BBQ Chicken Wings. These finger-licking wings are the essence of every match-day, backyard paty or movie night, bringing a burst of flavor that will have your guests begging for more. With a secret blend of spices, these wings are a guaranteed crowd pleaser.
Let me show you what this recipe is all about.
You can find the full instructional video at the end of this page.
Thanks to Napoleon Grills for sponsoring this recipe Visit their website to learn more.
- Create 70 grams or 2.5 oz of PitmasterX BBQ Chicken Rub according to it's recipe.
- Put 1 kg or 2.2 lbs of chicken wings in a ziplock bag.
- Add 1 liter or 4 cups of water to the back.
- Add 50 grams or 2 oz of Chicken BBQ Rub to the bag.
- Mix it up by shaking carefully and let it brine in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Fire up your BBQ and set it for a high smoking temperature of 140°C or 285°F.
- Let your brined chicken wings dry on cooling rack.
- Place them on the BBQ once they are dry and let them smoke.
- In the meantime you'll have plenty of time to create 700 ml or 3 cups of Pineapple BBQ Sauce.
- Once your chicken wings have picked up a nice dark brown smoke colour and the bones are popping out it's time to brush on the BBQ sauce on each individual wing.
- Give the wings 5 minutes with a closed lit.
- Season the chicken wings with the remaining BBQ Rub.
- Serve your chicken wings and enjoy your meal with friends and family.
- As for smoking wood it's recommended to use a local fruity wood type. I'm using Cherry wood chips.