Introducing our BBQ recipe: Chuck Steak Skewers in Ras el Hanout and Sumac Style! These flavorful skewers combine the richness of Moroccan Ras el Hanout spice blend with the tangy zest of sumac. Marinated in a blend of aromatic spices, the tender chuck steak is then grilled to perfection, creating a mouthwatering BBQ experience. Elevate your grilling game with these amazing skewers that will transport your taste buds to the vibrant flavors of North Africa and the Middle East.
Let me show you what this recipe is all about.
You can find the full instructional video at the end of this page.
- Slice your chuck steak into thick and small 75gr / 2.7 oz strips.
- Follow the Ras El Hanout recipe and end up with 90 grams or 3.2 oz.
- Season the chuck strips heavy on each side and leave it on the cutting board for 10 minutes.
- Fire up your BBQ and set it for direct heat with a cool zone on the side.
- Slide all the chuck steak strips on 2 Skewers. Prepare the ingredients according to the Sumak Garlic Oil recipe.
- Start searing your steak over direct heat while your pan for the sumak oil is warming up.
- Keep rotating the skewers slowly to prevent flare ups from the fat and moving it to the cooler side when needed.
- Brush on the Sumak Garlic Oil and let the hot oil sizzle on the chuck steak crust.
- Warm up 4 Libanese pita's. Slice up 1 lemon and 1 red onion.
- Take off the meat from the skewer and slice it up in to thin strips.
- Dress up your pita with some fresh rucola and put the chuck steak on top.
- Garnish with the onion and 1 tbsp chili and garlic from the oil.
- Give it a tiny squeeze of lemon juice from 1 slice and roll it up.