Are you looking for a delicious vegetarian dish, then you should try these smoked stuffed tomatoes on the BBQ. The combination of juicy tomatoes and the smoky flavor make for a perfect side dish.
Let me show you what this recipe is all about.
You can find the full instructional video at the end of this page.
1 red bell pepper
1 white onion
1 glove garlic
1 tsp finishing salt
1 tsp ground pepper
- Slice off the tops of the tomatoes.
- Scoop out the inner part of the tomatoes.
- Proceed to chop all the vegetables: courgette, red bell pepper, white onions and the garlic.
- Heat a pan and use double the amount of olive oil typically used.
- Start by frying the onion and garlic until they become soft, then add the remaining ingredients.
- Season the mixture with salt and pepper.
- Once the mixture is ready, stuff it inside the hollowed tomatoes.
- Add a piece of beech wood to your barbecue. Place the tomatoes on top of the wood.
- Let the tomatoes smoke for approximately 5 to 10 minutes, maintaining a medium BBQ temperature in a smokey chamber.
- After the designated time, your tomato side dish will be ready.