Bife de Tira features a succulent meat slice accompanied by a delectable fat edge. This recipe incorporates premium pork paired with a distinctive mayonnaise sauce infused with fermented garlic.
Let me show you what this recipe is all about.
You can find the full instructional video at the end of this page.
700 grams / 1.5 lbs Iberico pork Bife de Tira
4 tbsp fresh parsley
200 grams / 0.5 lbs creme freche
200 grams / 0.5 lbs mayonaise
1 tsp finishing salt
½ tsp black pepper
½ tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp sugar
3 tbsp fermented garlic
Black Garlic Mayonnaise
- Fill a rice cooker with whole garlic bulbs and let it run continuously.
- After 8 weeks, the garlic will turn black from the inside, and the aroma will become pleasant again.
- Grind the cloves into a powder using a grinder.
- Mix the parsley, creme fresh, mayonaise, lemon juice, sugar, salt, pepper and add the black garlic powder.
- Set the black garlic mayonnaise aside for later use or store it for future recipes.
Bife de Tira
- Start your smoker or BBQ and set it to indirect heat.
- Add a chunk of apple smoke wood for flavor.
- Smoke the steaks on an aluminum dripping tray until they reach an internal temperature of 65°C or 150°F.
- Switch the BBQ setup to direct heat.
- Brush the black garlic mayonnaise on top of the steaks and place them on the hot grill grate, mayo side down, for a quick sear.
- Flip the steaks, brush the other side with more mayonnaise, and sear again.
- Allow the steaks to rest for 10 minutes, then serve with an additional dollop of mayonnaise on top.