Get ready to take your burger game to the next level with this mouthwatering BLT burger recipe featuring homemade smoked bacon! Made crisp lettuce, ripe tomatoes, and crispy bacon that's been smoked to perfection, and a perfect sunny side up on top, this burger is the ultimate indulgence for bacon lovers.
Let me show you what this recipe is all about.
You can find the full instructional video at the end of this page.
300 grams / 0.66 lbs pork belly
2 tbsp fine kitchen salt
2 burger buns
2 tbsp mayonaise
25 grams/ 1.76 oz lettuce
- Slice of a 300 gr or 0.66 lbs piece of pork belly.
- Fire up your smoker and set it for indirect heat at a temperature of 120°C or 250°F.
- Smoke your pork belly until you reach a core temperature of 65°C or 150°F.
- Slice the buns in half and toast them in the pan.
- Slice up the pork belly and season with 2 tsp of table salt.
- Heat up a pan with 2 tbsp of olive oil and render out the smoked pork belly slices until it turns dark brown.
- Put mayonaise on the bottom of the bun and dress it with lettuce and 2 slices of tomato.
- Stack your burger with the rendered out bacon.
- Fry 2 eggs sunny side up in the same pan and layer it on top of the bacon.
- Put the cap on and your BLT is ready.