Grilled sausages are a popular dish that's perfect for any occasion, but have you ever tried making a savory and comforting stew using a Dutch oven? Our recipe combines grilled sausages with a variety of veggies and seasonings to create a delicious and hearty meal that's perfect for chilly evenings or casual gatherings. With our step-by-step instructions, you can easily create a mouth-watering Dutch oven stew that's sure to impress your guests. So, fire up the grill and get ready to make a meal that's both rustic and flavorful!
Let me show you what this recipe is all about.
You can find the full instructional video at the end of this page.
4 kg / 8.8 lbs pork sausage
2 yellow onions
6 cloves garlic
2 kg / 4.4 lbs sieved tomato puree
- 2 tbs PitmasterX's Classic BBQ rub
2 tbs olive oil
100 grams / 3.5 oz young Gouda Cheese
- Fire up your BBQ and set it for direct cooking with cast iron and a safe zone. Use a heat deflector and stainless steel grill grate as a safe zone.
- Grill the sausages until light brown with a core temperature of around 70°C or 160°F.
- Set up your grill for Dutch oven cooking. Use a Kamado Joe spider for your Dutch oven over direct heat.
- Pour 2 tablespoons olive oil into the Dutch oven.
- Cook the vegetables until they are soft with the lid closed.
- Add 2 kg of tomato puree and let it cook with the lid closed for around 30 minutes.
- Add 1 tbsp of your favorite BBQ rub and mix it well.
- Let the sauce simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Stick in all the pork sausages straight up in the sauce.
- Add sliced cheese on top.
- Put it back in the BBQ for 20 minutes with the lid closed before you want to serve it.
- Once done, your grilled sausages in Dutch oven stew are ready to be served.