This delightful creation transforms leftover steak into a culinary masterpiece, elevating it with layers of gooey Gouda cheese, a hint of chili oil, and a vibrant herb-infused topping. Perfectly grilled until the bread reaches a crispy perfection. Whether it's a lazy Sunday or any day of the week, this recipe is a delicious way to breathe new life into your leftover steak. Embrace the simplicity and versatility of this dish, as you savor each bite of this grilled steak sandwich.
Let me show you what this recipe is all about.
You can find the full instructional video at the end of this page.
leftover steak (or any other meat)
2 slices of bread
1 tbsp mayonnaise
to taste chili oil
50 grams or 1.7 oz grated Parmesan cheese
50 grams or 1.7 oz grated Gouda cheese
10 grams or 0.35 oz fresh parsley
1 tbsp olive oil
50 grams or 1.7 oz sun dried tomatoes
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp mustard
- Slice the steak into slices and spread mayonnaise on one side of a slice of bread. (Feel free to use any leftover meat you have for this recipe.)
- Sprinkle a small amount of chili oil over the mayonnaise.
- Place the slices of leftover steak on the bread slice. Grate Gouda cheese over the steak.
- In a blender, combine fresh parsley, shallot, olive oil, sun-dried tomatoes, balsamic vinegar and mustard. Blend until you have a smooth topping.
- Spread the blended topping over the steak and cheese on the bread slices. Place the remaining slices of bread on top to complete the sandwiches.
- Place the assembled sandwiches into the grill and cook until the bread is crispy and golden brown.
- Once grilled to perfection, remove the sandwiches from the grill. Slice the sandwiches diagonally for a stylish presentation.
- Your Grilled Steak Sandwich is now ready to be enjoyed on a lazy Sunday or any day of the week!