Experience the taste of a Mediterranean summer with our Caprese inspired Sandwich. Juicy tomatoes, creamy mozzarella, and fragrant basil come together between slices of crusty bread. It's a quick, refreshing, and timeless lunch recipe!
Let me show you what this recipe is all about.
You can find the full instructional video at the end of this page.
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup pine nuts
1/4 cup olives
1 garlic clove
125 gr or 4.4 Oz. goat cheese
500 gr or 2 lb. mozarella
3 twigs basil
to taste salt and pepper
- Toast pine nuts in a pan until golden brown.
- Blend tapenade ingredients olives, olive oil, pine nuts, garlic, and goat cheese until smooth.
- Slice the ciabatta bread in half.
- Spread tapenade on the inside of each bread half.
- Cut the tomatoes and mozzarella in slices.
- Place the tomato slices on half of the bread and season with salt and pepper and basil.
- Place the mozzarella slices on top.
- Toast the filled bread on the BBQ until golden and the cheese is melted.
- Stack the halves together and take a big bite.