Though it might seem like a challenging recipe initially, this method ensures it's easily attainable for everyone. The BBQ Crown stands out as the culinary masterpiece for special occasions. Make an exceptional dish that not only suits special moments but also renders them truly unforgettable.
Let me show you what this recipe is all about.
You can find the full instructional video at the end of this page.
- Take a 2.5 kg pork rib roast. Clean it up by trimming the extra fat and silver skin.
- Mix 3 tablespoons of PitmasterX Classic BBQ Rub with the water to create the brine. Inject as much brine as possible into the meat.
- Place the pork rib roast in the refrigerator for an hour to let the flavors penetrate the meat.
- Create incisions between the bones.
- Mix mustard, mayonnaise and chili sauce to create a binder. Coat the entire pork rib roast with the binder.
- Season the inside of the meat with PitmasterX Classic BBQ Rub.
- Use a needle and meat thread to tie the pork rib roast into a crown shape.
- Season the outer surface of the crown.
- Fire up the Napoleon Kettle Grill for indirect heat and set it to smoke at 120ºC or 250ºF.
- Place the crown on the indirect side of the BBQ. Insert a thermometer.
- Make PitmasterX Sweet Apple BBQ Sauce.
- When the crown reaches 65ºC or 150ºF, brush the meat (not the bones) with the PitmasterX Sweet Apple BBQ Sauce. Let it cook for a few more minutes on the barbecue.
- Your delicious BBQ Crown is ready to be enjoyed!