Ever tried freshly roasted sugary almonds? These wintery treats boast a delightful mix of crunchy almonds, sweet sugary coating, and warm spices, making them perfect for chilly evenings or festive gatherings. The irresistible aroma as they roast creates a cozy atmosphere, ideal for the season. Whether for homemade gifts or a fireside indulgence, these almonds are set to be a winter favorite. Gather your ingredients and join us on this journey to create a snack that brings joy and warmth in half the time.
Let me show you what this recipe is all about.
You can find the full instructional video at the end of this page.
2 kilo or 4.4 lb. almonds
2 egg white
2 tsp water
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup regular sugar
1 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat your barbecue's rotisserie back burner or a pan if you don't have one.
- Load the almonds into the rotisserie basket and roast them at high heat. Sprinkle a teaspoon of salt during roasting.
- While the almonds are roasting, whisk together two egg white, two teaspoon of water and two teaspoons of vanilla until the mixture turns foamy white.
- In a separate bowl, mix 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup regular sugar and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Once the almonds are roasted, toss them in the egg white mixture and sprinkle the sugar-cinnamon mix over them.
- Preheat your barbecue or oven to 250ºC or 480ºF.
- Arrange the almonds on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and roast for approximately 15 more minutes.
- Let them cool down for 30 minutes and your almonds are done.