Smoking BBQ ribs couldn't be easier with this Guinness-infused recipe, bringing out a delightful European barbecue flavor. A clever BBQ rub forms the foundation for a fantastic marinade, making BBQ pork ribs simple and delicious as they should be!
Let me show you what this recipe is all about.
You can find the full instructional video at the end of this page.
- Chop fine 2 yellow onions and 2 garlic cloves.
- Add the onion and garlic to a bowl along with 4 tbsp of dijon mustard, 500 ml or 2 cups of Guinness beer, 2 tbsp of PitmasterX's Texas BBQ Rub and 1 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- Mix it up and add the marinade to a large plastic ziplock bag.
- Add 2 slaps of ribs to the bag and push out any leftover air before closing it up.
- Let the ribs marinade for at least 2 hours in the fridge.
- Fire up your BBQ and set it for indirect heat at 120°C or 250°F.
- Take the ribs out of the bag and wipe it clean. You do not want any onion or garlic on your ribs during smoking.
- Score the membrane on the back with a sharp knife.
- Make 50 grams or 1.8 oz of PitmasterX's Pork Rub according to it's recipe.
- Season the ribs on all sides.
- Place the ribs on the grill grate and let them smoke until they reach a core temperature of 92°C or 200°F.
- Let the ribs rest for around 10 minutes and serve them up.