The BBQ Shotgun Shells - A Classic Reinvented. These delectable BBQ snacks are a real hit at your party. While the original BBQ Shotgun Shells are pasta-based, we've taken it up a notch with tortillas. What's a more fitting outer layer for your delicious filling than a crispy bacon-wrapped taco?
Let me show you what this recipe is all about.
You can find the full instructional video at the end of this page.
Thanks to Masterbuilt for sponsoring this recipe Visit their website to learn more.
- Dice fine 2 yellow onions, 1 yellow bell pepper, 1 red bell pepper and 120 grams or 4.2 oz of pickled jalapenos.
- Add 1.5 kg or 3.3 lbs minced beef to a bowl and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Add 3 tbsp of PitmasterX's Classic BBQ Rub.
- Mix the beef together with the ingredients.
- Lay a tortilla on the cuttingboard and put a small strip of beef in the middle.
- Roll it up into a the tortilla and do this for the rest of your tortillas.
- Wrap around 2 strips of uncooked bacon to every tortilla.
- Make 250 ml or 1 cup of PitmasterX's Sweet Apple BBQ Sauce.
- Fire up your BBQ and set it for an indirect heat of 120°C or 250°F.
- Put the shotgun shells on the grill grate and let them smoke until the core temperature at least exceeds 54°C or
- Brush on the BBQ sauce and leave them to smoke for another 5 minutes for the sauce to get sticky and ready to to be eaten.