Get ready for a flavor-packed BBQ experience with these explosively spicy ribs. Infused with the bold essence of Carolina peppers and a hint of smokiness, these ribs are bound to leave a lasting impression. This recipe is your secret weapon to impress and gather your guests around the grill effortlessly.
Let me show you what this recipe is all about.
You can find the full instructional video at the end of this page.
- Slice your rack of baby back ribs in half.
- Remove the membrane from the rack of ribs.
- Create 70 grams or 2.5 oz of PitmasterX's Classic BBQ Rub.
- Season your ribs on all sides with the BBQ rub.
- Fire up your Grill and set it for indirect smoking.
- Put the ribs on the grill and let them smoke.
- Create 750 ml or 3 cups of the Carolina BBQ sauce.
- Check back at your ribs after around 2 hours and once they have picked up a dark red smoke color it's time to take them off.
- Set them on a sheet of aluminium foil and brush on the BBQ sauce on all sides.
- Wrap them up and put them back on the BBQ to let them continue to smoke until they reach a core temperature of 94°C or 200°F.
- unwrap the ribs and put them on the grill grate gain.
- Take out the grill grate and heat deflectors if you are using any.
- Stick in a V shaped skewer in the outer ribs and brush on more of the BBQ sauce on all sides.
- Grill the ribs above the fire by hand for another 5/10 minutes until the sauce almost caramelizes.
- Serve your ribs by slicing of the ribs on the skewer as a party trick.