You're about to experience a Rib Roast recipe like never before. It's a fresh perspective on the traditional prime rib roast. While utilizing the bones of the prime rib for flavor has always been a culinary magic trick, we're taking this BBQ classic to a whole new level of mind-blowing flavor!
Let me show you what this recipe is all about.
You can find the full instructional video at the end of this page.
2 kg / 4.4 lbs prime rib roast ( côte de boeuf )
50 grams / 1.7 oz PitmasterX's Classic BBQ Rub
- 650 ml / 2¼ cups Horse Radish Steak Sauce
- Take a sharp knife and separate the whole rack of bones from the 2 kg or 4.4 lbs prime rib roast ( côte de boeuf ).
- Make 650 ml or 2¼ cups of Horse Radish Steak Sauce.
- make 50 grams or 1.7 oz of PitmasterX's Classic BBQ Rub.
- Spread out the sauce by hand over the entire cut of rib roast on all sides.
- Now season the entire rib roast on all sides with the BBQ rub.
- Skip the sauce on the rack of bones but season it only on the outside with the BBQ rub.
- Reconnect the bones to the rib roast by using butchers twine.
- Fire up your grill and set it for an indirect roasting temperature of 180°C or 360°F.
- Place in the roast with the bones pointing towards the hottest side of the grill and stick in a thermometer to keep track of the core temperature.
- Close the lit and let the roast slowly come up to a temperature of 46°C or 115°F. around this point you have enough heat sitting on the outside to let the core cook until it hits 54°C or 130°F.
- Take it off the grill and let it rest for 30 minutes before slicing it in thin slices.
- It highly recommended to use a wireless thermometer that can calculate when you should stop roasting your meat because a roast like this will continue to cook when you take it off the grill.