Sweet pastry from the BBQ, why not! We're taking Chocolate Puff Pastry Bars to the grill, where the magic of BBQ adds an extra layer of flavor to the sweet decadence you love.
Let me show you what this recipe is all about.
You can find the full instructional video at the end of this page.
150 grams / 5.3 oz chocolate mini's (small wrapped chocolate bars)
- 2 tbsp PitmasterX's Classic BBQ Rub
250 grams / 8.8 oz pre made puff pastry
- Fire up the BBQ and set it to indirect heat.
- Heat up a cast iron skillet up side down on the BBQ.
- Roll out 250 grams or 8.8 oz of pre made puff pastry.
- Lay on 10 grams of chocolate mini's on top of the puff pastry, separated from each other.
- Sprinkle a total of 1 tbsp of PitmasterX's Classic BBQ Rub on top of the Chocolate mini's.
- Roll out a second identical sheet of puff pastry on top of the chocolate mini's.
- Press down the edges around the chocolate.
- Puncture any leftover air bubbles with a knife.
- Brush on a beaten up egg on top of the puff pastry.
- Slide in the puff pastry on a baking sheet on top of the hot pan in it's whole.
- Bake it for 180°C or 360°F for around 20/30 minutes.
- Slice the snacks in pieces by slicing over the pressed down puff pastry.