Get ready for a sizzling twist on a classic favorite with our Puff Pastry Cheese Pockets, an easy recipe that can be done in any indirect BBQ or oven.
Let me show you what this recipe is all about.
You can find the full instructional video at the end of this page.
250 grams / 8.8 oz pre made puff pastry sheets
180 grams / 6.3 oz young Gouda cheese
- 2 tbsp PitmasterX's Classic BBQ Rub
62.5 ml / ¼ cup BBQ Sauce
- Fire up the BBQ and set it to indirect heat.
- Heat up a cast iron skillet up side down on the BBQ.
- Roll out 250 grams or 8.8 oz of pre made puff pastry.
- Cube up 180 grams or 6.3 oz of young Gouda cheese.
- Lay them on top of the puff pastry, separated from each other.
- Sprinkle a total of 2 tbsp of PitmasterX's Classic BBQ Rub on top of the cheese cubes.
- Add 1 tsp of BBQ Sauce on top of every cheese cube.
- Roll out a second identical sheet of puff pastry on top of the cheese.
- Press down the edges around the cheese.
- Puncture any leftover air bubbles with a knife.
- Brush on a beaten up egg on top of the puff pastry.
- Slide in the puff pastry on a baking sheet on top of the hot pan in it's whole.
- Bake it for 180°C or 360°F for around 20/30 minutes.
- Slice the snacks in pieces by slicing over the pressed down puff pastry.