Get ready for a mouthwatering journey to the heart of Middle Eastern cuisine with our Köfte recipe on the BBQ. These succulent, grilled meat patties are bursting with rich flavors and aromatic spices. Whether you're a seasoned grill master or just getting started, this recipe is a fantastic way to explore the world of köfte.
Let me show you what this recipe is all about.
You can find the full instructional video at the end of this page.
1.5 kg / 3.3 lbs ground beef
500 grams / 1.1 lbs ground lamb
200 grams / 7 oz breadcrumbs
30 grams / 1 oz fresh parsley
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 70 grams / 2.5 oz Köfte Seasoning
4 yellow onions
1 kg / 2.2 lbs french fries
2 red onions
200 grams / 7 oz lettuce
- Mix 1.5 kg or 3.3 lbs ground beef with 500 grams or 1.1 lbs ground lamb.
- Add it to a big bowl and add 200 grams or 7 oz of breadcrumbs and 2 eggs.
- Chop fine 30 grams or 1 oz of fresh parsley and add it to the bowl.
- Add 3 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil and 2 tbsp of red wine vinegar.
- Make 70 grams or 2.5 oz of Köfte Seasoning and use around 4 tbsp of seasoning for the meat.
- Use a cheese grater to grate 4 whole yellow onions into a fine puree.
- Add it to the minced meat.
- Mix everything up with your hands until you get a smooth consistancy.
- Roll the minced meat into small balls, twice the size of your hand palms.
- Slightly press down the balls with 3 fingers to get a more burger like shape.
- Fire up your Grill and set it for direct heat.
- Grill the Köfte with a light sizzling sound until both sides have a beautiful dark brown maillard effect. Small flare ups are perfect.
- Bake or deep fry 1 kg or 2.2 lbs of french fries on the side And season the fries with 1 tbsp of leftover Köfte seasoning.
- Slice up 2 tomatoes and 2 red onions.
- Plate up with Köfte on one side and french fries next to the Köfte. Add tomato slices, onion and lettuce on the side.