This BBQ masterpiece combines juicy sausages, fresh baguettes, and a medley of savory ingredients for an easy lunch recipe. now you have no excuse to fire up that grill around 12 o'clock because this recipe is just to easy to pass.
Let me show you what this recipe is all about.
You can find the full instructional video at the end of this page.
400 grams / 7 oz pork sausages
3 yellow onions
2 cloves of garlic
4 stems spring onions
1 tbsp olive oil
300 grams / 10.5 oz shredded Gouda cheese
- Slice open the casing of 4 sausages.
- Slice open 2 baguettes without baking them first.
- With a fork, flatten the sausages on the 4 half's of the baguettes.
- Fire up your BBQ and heat up your grill grate and a cast iron griddle.
- Set the temperatrue to a low setting and let it warm up for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, chop fine 3 yellow onions, 2 cloves of garlic and 4 stems of spring onions.
- Grill the sandwiches with the meat pointing downwards on the grill grates.
- Season the griddle with 1 tbsp of olive oil and grill the onion and garlic and mix them together while turning soft.
- Flip the sausages when they have a small charred maillard effect on the meat side.
- Once flipped, layer the onion and garlic on top of the meat.
- Add 300 grams or 10.5 oz of shredded young Gouda cheese on top and a tbsp of spring onions each baguette.
- close the lit of the BBQ to let it melt.
- Plate it up with a tbsp of garlic sauce and ore chili sauce.
- Flatten the meat just over the edge of baguette, because the meat will shrink.
- Give the cheese an extra boost while melting by using a torch.