This classic Brazilian dish features succulent picanha steak, seasoned to perfection and grilled over an open flame. With its rich flavors and juicy tenderness, Churrasco Picanha is a true carnivore's dream. Join us on a culinary journey that captures the essence of Brazilian BBQ tradition and brings it right to your plate.
Let me show you what this recipe is all about.
You can find the full instructional video at the end of this page.
- Slice up your picanha along the fat cap in separate steaks, each with there own fat cap.
- Make 20 grams or 0.7 oz of PitmasterX's Steak Rub.
- gradually season your steak on all sides and double down with seasoning on the fat cap of the steak.
- Skewer max. 2 steaks folded trough the fat cap on your v shaped skewer.
- Make 125 ml or ½ cup of Chimichurri.
- Fire up your grill and set it for direct grilling.
- Grill your steak straight over the fire while regular rotating your skewer to prevent flare ups and letting the fat drip over your steak.
- Once the side of your steak has a dark brown crust and the fat cap is rendered it's time to slice off the outside of the steak while holding the skewer above a churrasco pan.
- Continue grilling the steak again and repreat the proces.
- The key to a good churrasco picanha is to find the sweet spot for grilling it hot enough to create crust and rendered fat but not overcook it. Always stay by the fire and keep rotating it.