Let's do something that for some reason no one has ever done. These succulent skewers are a fusion of tender pork belly, expertly seasoned and grilled to perfection. The perfect balance of flavors and textures, these kebabs are sure to be a highlight of your next barbecue or outdoor gathering.
Let me show you what this recipe is all about.
You can find the full instructional video at the end of this page.
- Take a long straight knife and carefully remove the skin from the pork belly if you have any.
- Slice the pork belly in to 2 finger thick cubes.
- Make 70 grams or 2.5 oz of Pitmasterx's BBQ Pork Rub.
- Season the pork belly on all sides.
- Stick your skewer trough around 4 pieces of pork belly each skewer.
- Fire up your BBQ and set it up for an indirect roasting temperature of 200°C or 390°F.
- Lay your skewer over the fire and make sure that the pork belly sits in the center.
- Let them roast for around 30 minutes while flipping regularly.
- Make 300 ml or 1⅓ cups of Sweet Apple BBQ Sauce.
- Once your pork belly has reached a temperature of 70°C or 160°F, brush on the BBQ sauce.
- Let the sugar caramelize over direct heat and give it 5 minutes before taking the skewers off and letting them rest.