Discover the ultimate BBQ comfort fusion with our Pulled Pork Pasta recipe. Succulent pulled pork meets the delightful world of pasta, creating a mouthwatering dish that's both hearty and delicious. From this day on you know what to do with every little portion of leftover BBQ pulled pork for the rest of your life!
Let me show you what this recipe is all about.
You can find the full instructional video at the end of this page.
- 600 grams / 1.3 lbs pulled pork
2 liters / 8 cups water
100 grams / 3.5 oz spring onions
150 grams / 5.3 oz bacon strips
300 grams / 0.6 lbs cream cheese
500 grams / 1.1 lbs Gouda cheese
1 tbsp BBQ sauce
1 tbsp garlic sauce
- Create 600 grams or 1.3 lbs of our pulled pork recipe.
- Fire up your BBQ and set it for low direct heat.
- If you are using cold leftover pulled pork, heat up a cast iron pan and fill it with the pulled pork. Let it slowly come up to temperature.
- Add 2 liters or 8 cups of water to a large and deep pan.
- Let it come up to a boil and cook 500 grams or 1.1 lbs penne pasta.
- Chop fine up 100 grams or 3.5 oz of spring onions.
- Chop fine 150 grams of raw bacon strips.
- Heat up a cast iron skillet and render out the bacon strips.
- Add the spring onions to the bacon half way trough the process.
- Add the pulled pork, bacon and spring onions to the pan of pasta.
- Set the pan of pasta on the low heat source on your grill.
- Add 300 grams or 0.6 lbs cream cheese.
- Add 250 grams or 0.5 lbs of grated Gouda cheese.
- Mix it all together and let the cheese melt and mix with the pasta and pork.
- Serve it up in small bowls and grate some extra50 grams or 1.7 oz of Gouda cheese on top for that little bit of extra Dutchiness.
- Set it in the BBQ for an extra 5 minutes with a closed lit and let the cheese melt.
- Dress the bowl with a tbsp of BBQ sauce and garlic sauce together with 1 tsp of leftover spring onions.