This monster is so super tasty! This unique BBQ creation combines seasoned minced beef with one of the best steaks out there.. Grilled on a skewer to achieve a beautiful crust and brushed with a savory sauce, this grilled masterpiece is a true treat for your taste buds. Experience the perfect balance of textures and flavors with our simple and delicious Franken Steak.
- Create 65 grams or 2.2 ox of PitmasterX's BBQ Beef Rub.
- In a large bowl, add 500 grams of 1.1 lbs minced beef.
- Add 2 tbsp of BBQ Beef Rub and 1 egg.
- Mix the beef together with the rub and egg.
- Add 4 tbsp of breadcrumbs to the bowl and keep on mixing until the meat feels sticky and dry,
- Use another 2 tbsp of BBQ Beef Rub to season your 500 gram or 1.1 lbs hanger steak
- Make a 250 grams or 0.5 lbs meatball of the minced meat.
- Wrap the hanger steak around it on the cutting board.
- Stick you skewer trough the steak and the meatball in the middle and make sure it sits in the middle.
- Do the same for your other hanger steak with the rest of the rub and minced meat.
- Place the second steak next to the other on the same skewer.
- Fire up your griddle and set it for direct heat with a hot zone and a cool zone
- Season with 1 tbsp of olive oil
- Let your skewer slowly sizzle on the hot plate for around 30 minutes while flipping it once.
- In the meantime you have plenty of time to create 250 ml or 1 cup of Tweety BBQ Sauce.
- Once you built up a lot of crust it's time to measure the core temperature and let it continue to cook slowly on the cooler side of the griddle. until you reach a core temperature of 54°C or 130°F.
- Once you are almost at that end temperature it's time to brush on a layer of that Tweety BBQ Sauce and get an extra layer of flavor.
- Let the steaks rest for 10 minutes and slice in to them.