This recipe combines tender steak with the smoky goodness of the grill in a blanket of old fashion japanese yakitori style BBQ. The teriyaki sauce infuses the meat with a perfect balance of sweet and savory. Get ready to enjoy a delicious and easy-to-make dish that will impress your taste buds and make your grilling experience unforgettable.
Let me show you what this recipe is all about.
You can find the full instructional video at the end of this page.
1.2 kg / 2.65 lbs skirt steak
2 tbsp finishing salt
- 750 ml / 3 cups Teriyaki BBQ Sauce
10 grams / 0.35 oz spring onions
1 tbsp black sesame seeds
- Fire up your grill with direct heat and without grill grates.
- Take your skirt steak and forked skewer and skewer the steak on while folding it over every 7 cm or 3 inches.
- Once you have your steak skewered on the fork, ensure that it's spread out evenly and spread out so that the fire can reach as much steak surface as possible.
- Season the steak with 2 tbsp of finishing salt on both sides.
- Make 750 ml or 3 cups of Teriyaki BBQ Sauce.
- Start searing the skirt steak by holding it straight above the heat source with enough distance..
- Once you have a maillard crust, brush on the teriyaki sauce and wait until you see a light bubble appear.
- Let the steak rest on the cutting board.
- Chop fine 10 grams or 0.35 oz of spring onion.
- Sprinkle the spring onion and 1 tbsp of black sesame seeds over the steak.
- Slice the steak by holding the forked skewer up, and slice it into thin strips.