Get ready to devour our Cheese Strip Roll! It's a mouthwatering combo of grilled strip steak, sliced from a loin, rolled up with melted cheese. Easy to make, incredibly tasty, and sure to leave you wanting more. Bite into the juicy steak and gooey cheese for a flavor explosion that will make your taste buds dance with joy.
2 kg / 4.4 lbs beef loin
- 100 ml / 0.4 cup Pitmasterx's Red Spicemix
100 grams / 3.5 oz shredded Gouda cheese
- Grab a long, sharp knife and start slicing your 2 kg or 4.4 lbs beef loin horizontally from the rib eye side to the NY strip side with long strokes until you end up with 2 very thin and long 200 grams or 7 oz steaks that looks like a skirt steak.
- Follow along with the Pitmasterx's Red Spicemix recipe.
- Season the steaks on each side with 100 ml or 0.4 cup of spice mix.
- Let it season while you fire up the grill for direct heat at a temperature of 200°C or 390°F.
- Sear the steak with a closed BBQ lit on each side for 30 seconds before taking it off.
- Sprinkle 50 grams or 1.8 oz of shredded Gouda cheese on top of each steak and roll it up.
- Secure it by sticking a steak knife right trough the Cheese Strip Roll for presentation purposes, and your dinner is ready.
- This recipe was written for 2 steaks to feed 2 persons, but it's possible to slice up the beef loin completely in to steaks and utilize everything as long you multiply the spice mix and cheese as well.
- You can replace the steaks with thin inside and outside skirt steaks as well but it needs a grilling time.