Pitmasterx's Red Spicemix
Enhance the flavor of your meats with this vibrant red spice mix. This simple and versatile blend adds a burst of deliciousness to any marinade. Elevate your grilling experience on this weekend's BBQ session with Pitmasterx's Red Spicemix.
100 ml / 0.4 cup (extra virgin) olive oil
10 tasty tom tomatoes
2 cloves of garlic
½ tbsp fresh thyme
½ tbsp fresh rosemary
1 tbsp table salt
1 tsp black pepper
- Heat up a cast iron pan.
- Drizzle in 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Put in whole 10 tasty tom tomatoes.
- Add 1 half of a sweet onion sliced in 2 pieces.
- Add 2 whole cloves of garlic.
- Let it sear for 3 minutes and add ½ tbsp fresh thyme and ½ tbsp fresh rosemary.
- When the tomatoes starts popping, slightly press it flat with a burger press.
- Continue to cook it until you sea the tomatoes blackening on the cast iron bottom.
- Transfer everything to a blender.
- Add 62.5 ml or ¼ cup of olive oil, 1 tbsp of table salt and 1 tsp of black pepper.
- Grind it up until it turns in to a smooth paste.
- Apply to your meat before cooking as a marinade or use it as a sauce.