This is a simple, but very tasty side this to a nice steak dish or a roast. The simplicity and elegance will remind you of a Classic Italian dish. Perfect for warm summer nights.
- 4 Zucchini
- 100 ml Extra Virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 125 ml fine chopped parsley
- 75 ml fine chopped chives
- 1 tbsp fine table salt
- 100 gram Mozzarella
- 100 gram parmesan cheese
- Fire up your grill and set it to direct grilling.
- Warm up the olive oil in a pan. This will help the flavors develop.
- Add the pressed garlic and chopped parsley and chives to the hot olive oil.
- Take the pan of the heat, add the salt and mix the ingredients.
- Cut the bottom and top of the zucchini and slice it up.
- Marinade the slices in the seasoned olive oil for a few minutes
- Grill the zucchini over direct heat, when the turned a light brown you can take them off.
- Set your barbecue up for indirect heat at a temperature of around 200°C/395°F.
- Place the zucchini in an oven tray or a large cast iron pan.
- Shred the mozzarella over the zucchini and sprinkle on the parmesan cheese.
- Roast the zucchini to fully cooked in about 30 minutes.
Calories: 421kcalCarbohydrates: 10gProtein: 18gFat: 36gSaturated Fat: 11gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 2358mgPotassium: 656mgFiber: 3gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 994IUVitamin C: 41mgCalcium: 497mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Burnhard for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.