If you are looking for a new way to marinate your beef or a sauce to enlighten your wok meal then look no further. This is a simple yet delicious Yakitori Sauce that is perfect for the BBQ, homekitchen or any type of other use.Yakitori Sauce is a must try sauce that defines the Japanese kitchen. This flavor profile is unique in its kind.
- ½ tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp garlic chopped fine
- 2 tbsp ginger chopped fine
- 150 ml soy sauce
- 75 ml merin / rice wine vinegar
- tbsp cane sugar
- 1 tbsp plum paste
- 2 tbsp honey
- Heat up your cast iron skillet
- Add sesame oil and let it come up to frying temperature.
- Add the chopped garlic and ginger.
- Add soy sauce.
- Add Merin or rice wine vinegar.
- Add cane sugar and give it a proper stir.
- Let it simmer and reduce by half.
- Sieve the sauce to take out the fried garlic and ginger.
- Add Japanese plum paste
- Add honey and stir it up really good.
Calories: 40kcalCarbohydrates: 6gProtein: 2gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0.1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.4gMonounsaturated Fat: 0.4gSodium: 1028mgPotassium: 57mgFiber: 0.2gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 0.2IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 8mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!