When you make yourself a cheesesteak sandwich why not make a giant one that you can share? Sharing is the best part of barbecue.
With the combination of the best steak, a fusion of American and Dutch cheese, a good hot sauce, and a nice loaf of bread you make something your whole family can enjoy.
- 5 kg of striploin steak
- a medium-sized loaf of bread
- olive oil
- 12 slices of American cheddar cheese
- 12 slices of young Gouda cheese
- Garlick chili pepper hot sauce
- Put the striploin in the freezer for an hour so it stiffens up. This way you can slice it more easily.
- Fire up your grill and create a direct and indirect zone.
- Cut open the loaf of bread and remove the middle part as seen in the video. Feed the birds with the middle part.
- Drizzle on some olive oil on the bread and roast it over the direct zone until golden brown.
- Slice the striploin steak horizontally in 1 cm thick slices. Lightly season the slices with your favorite beef rub.
- Grill the meat on both sides for a couple of minutes. When the meat is grilled place the slices on the indirect side.
- Put 3 slices of cheddar cheese on the first slice of beef. Top it with the next slice of beef and top this with 3 slices of Gouda cheese. Then another slice of beef and cheddar cheese. Repeat this until you are out of beef or cheese.
- Put the beef/cheese stack on top of the roasted loaf. pour over a good amount of hot sauce and top it with the crown of the loaf.
- Admire your work and share it with your friends and family.
Big thanks to Napoleon Grills for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.
BBQ gear used
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you click on them to make a purchase I will earn a commission. I link these articles because of their quality.