If you're looking for a delicious and impressive main course, try making these hanger steak medallions wrapped in bacon, seared on a hot grill plate and topped with a spicy adobo chili onion mixture. This recipe is perfect for a special occasion or a weekend dinner party. With the addition of a homemade rucola basil sauce, this dish is sure to impress your guests. The Chad-O-Chef grill provides the perfect heat for a quick sear, while the chili oil adds a flavorful kick to the dish. Follow these simple steps to create a dish that's sure to become a favorite.
- 600 grams hanger steak
- 200 grams bacon strips
- 1 white onion sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic chopped
- 220 grams chipotle chili's in adobo sauce chopped
- 230 ml olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Rucola Basil Sauce
- Cut the hanger steak into 2 finger thick steak medaillons.
- Wrap them around in 1or 2 strips of bacon.
- Follow the recipe for the rucola basil sauce.
- Slice a white onion into rings.
- Chop 230 grams of chipotle chili's in adobo sauce and 4 cloves of garlic.
- Fire up your Chad-O-Chef grill with kindling and gradually add larger pieces of wood as the fire grows.
- Once the grill plate is hot, place the onion and garlic on it and drizzle with olive oil. Fry until the onion is soft.
- Add the chopped chili's in adobo sauce and cook for another 30 seconds while stirring.
- Transfer the onion and chili mixture to a pan and add around 230 ml of olive oil. Let it come up to temperature and lightly fry.
- Season with a bit of light sea salt and pepper, then set aside.
- Use a clean rag and some plant-based oil to make the surface of the grill plate non-stick.
- Place the medallions on the grill plate and let them sear on the outside. Add more olive oil if needed due to the steak's lean nature.
- Once one side has developed a crust, flip the medallions and add some of the chili oil to the un-topped side.
- When both sides have a crust, sear the bacon around the medallions on the plate.
- Remove the steak medallions from the grill plate and let them rest for 5 minutes.
- Create artistic swooshes of rucola basil sauce on a plate and place some of the chili onion topping in the center.
- Top the plate off with the beautiful steak medallions.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Chad-O-Chef for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.