It’s cold outside and we could all use some comfort food. And by saying comfort food i mean delicious ribs like you would eat in the hot summer that we just passed but with sort of a winter coat around it figurally speaking.These BBQ ribs are juicy and tender but more important; They have the ultimate winter vibe with this beautiful sauce.
- 1200 grams baby back ribs
- 150 grams butter
- 3 tbsp kitchen salt
- 2 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp paprika powder
- ½ tbsp ginger powder
- ½ tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tbsp chili flakes
- 200 grams honey
- 200 ml orange juice
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp sriracha sauce
- 1 red adjuma pepper whole
- 1 stick of cinnamon
- 2 star anises
- 5 cloves
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- ½ tbsp kitchen salt
- Take a dinner knife and push it under the membrane of your baby back ribs to take them off with your other hand.
- Create the seasoning mix and cover the entire ribs on both sides.
- Fire up your smoker and set the demperature for 120 degrees celius which is 250 degrees fahrenheit.
- Smoke them for around 3 hours.
- Heat up a pan and add 200 ml of honey and 200 ml of fresh orange juice.
- Add all the other ingredients after this on a low temperature and let the sauce reduce by half.
Finishing the ribs
- Take out the ribs when you see little cracks when you lift them up carefully and they have a beautifull orange brown bark on the outside.
- Grab a piece of aluminium foil and place the ribs in the center.
- Add 3 slices of butter and then add some of that sauce on top.
- Fold the foil into a tight package and put them back in the grill for another hour or so.
- Take out the ribs and watch those beautifull bones popping out. They should be done by now but all they need now is a couple of strokes of that beautifull sauce on top and they are ready to be eaten.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!