It’s cold outside and we could all use some comfort food. And by saying comfort food i mean delicious ribs like you would eat in the hot summer that we just passed but with sort of a winter coat around it figurally speaking.These BBQ ribs are juicy and tender but more important; They have the ultimate winter vibe with this beautiful sauce.
- 1200 grams baby back ribs
- 150 grams butter
- 3 tbsp kitchen salt
- 2 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp paprika powder
- ½ tbsp ginger powder
- ½ tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tbsp chili flakes
- 200 grams honey
- 200 ml orange juice
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp sriracha sauce
- 1 red adjuma pepper whole
- 1 stick of cinnamon
- 2 star anises
- 5 cloves
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- ½ tbsp kitchen salt
- Take a dinner knife and push it under the membrane of your baby back ribs to take them off with your other hand.
- Create the seasoning mix and cover the entire ribs on both sides.
- Fire up your smoker and set the demperature for 120 degrees celius which is 250 degrees fahrenheit.
- Smoke them for around 3 hours.
- Heat up a pan and add 200 ml of honey and 200 ml of fresh orange juice.
- Add all the other ingredients after this on a low temperature and let the sauce reduce by half.
Finishing the ribs
- Take out the ribs when you see little cracks when you lift them up carefully and they have a beautifull orange brown bark on the outside.
- Grab a piece of aluminium foil and place the ribs in the center.
- Add 3 slices of butter and then add some of that sauce on top.
- Fold the foil into a tight package and put them back in the grill for another hour or so.
- Take out the ribs and watch those beautifull bones popping out. They should be done by now but all they need now is a couple of strokes of that beautifull sauce on top and they are ready to be eaten.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Burnhard for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.