I always try to make a good steak taste even better. There are different ways to give it more flavor so it gets a little more exciting. This cote de boeuf I marinated in whisky to give it that smoked oak barrel flavor. You got to try it to believe it.
How well is this recipe
- 4 ps fingers thick cote de boeuf
- 500 ml Whisky
- 1 pinch fleur de sel
- Put the steak in a ziplock bag and pour in the whisky. Close the bag halfway and push as much air out as you can without spilling any whisky. Then close the bag. Let the steak marinate for at least 6 hours in the fridge.
- Fire up your grill with 2 zones and a temperature of 160°C/320°F. Take the steak out of the bag, pat it dry with some paper towel, and place it on the cooler side of the grill. Close the lid until the core temperature reaches 52°C/126°F.
- Take the steak off the grill. Heat up the grill until the grates are screaming hot and sear the steak on both sides. The steak is done when you get a nice crust.
- Sprinkle on some fleur de sel while the steak is resting for 15 minutes.
- Cut off the bone and slice the steak against the grain.
Calories: 314kcalCarbohydrates: 1gProtein: 1gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 10mgPotassium: 5mgSugar: 1gCalcium: 1mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Napoleon for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.