I always try to make a good steak taste even better. There are different ways to give it more flavor so it gets a little more exciting.
This cote de boeuf I marinated in whisky to give it that smoked oak barrel flavor. You got to try it to believe it.
- 4 fingers thick cote de boeuf
- 500 ml whisky
- rock salt
- Put the steak in a ziplock bag and pour in the whisky. Close the bag halfway and push as much air out as you can without spilling any whisky. Then close the bag. Let the steak marinate for at least 6 hours in the fridge.
- Fire up your grill with 2 zones and a temperature of 160°C (320F). Take the steak out of the bag, pat it dry with some paper towel, and place it on the cooler side of the grill. Close the lid until the core temperature reaches 52°C (126F).
- Take the steak off the grill. Heat up the grill until the grates are screaming hot and sear the steak on both sides. The steak is done when you get a nice crust.
- Sprinkle on some salt while the steak is resting for 15 minutes.
- Cut off the bone and slice the steak against the grain.
Big thanks to Napoleon Grills for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.
BBQ gear used
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you click on them to make a purchase I will earn a commission. I link these articles because of their quality.